Conferences and Larger Gatherings Hosted by the Wabash Center
Most of our programming is designed for small groups, hosted at our facilities on the Wabash College campus, and enrolled through a competitive application process.
Occasionally we host larger gatherings on specific a specific pedagogical topic of pressing concern.
Graduate Program Teaching Initiative
A grant initiative and consultation series that ran from 2011 through 2016.
Teaching the Intro Course
Conferences following the publication of Barbara Walvoord’s Book, Teaching And Learning In College Introductory Religion Courses (Blackwell 2008), including a series of workshops at regional and national meetings of the AAR-SBL and on college campuses around the country.
Conferences for Doctoral Programs
- 2016 Conference for Doctoral Programs
- 2014 Conference for Doctoral Programs
- 2012 Conference for Doctoral Programs
- 2008 Conference for Doctoral Programs
- 2006 Conference for Doctoral Programs
- 2004 Conference for Doctoral Programs
- 2002 Conference for Doctoral Programs
- 1999 Conference for Doctoral Programs
- 1996 Conference for Doctoral Programs
Conferences with representatives from over 90 theological schools to discuss the pedagogical implications of the book published by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, Educating Clergy: Teaching Practices and Pastoral Imagination, by Charles R. Foster, Lisa Dahill, Larry Golemon, and Barbara Want Tolentino (Jossey-Bass, 2006).